WELCOME to the Upper Keys Rotary Club Scholarship Application Page
IF you wish to apply for scholarship support from the Upper Keys Rotary Club, you MUST apply through our NEW ONLINE Portal.
The deadline for all students who are graduating from high school and who are currently attending higher education is midnight April 14, 2020. There is no such thing as "A little bit late".
If you scroll down on this page, you will find a short video that coaches you through the online application process. It can be a great help.
You will be able to choose between applications for 1. Graduating Students 2. Returning Students 3. Career Technical Education
The good news is .... no paper! No last minute rush to the post office, etc.
There is a comprehensive checklist of what you need before you begin the application .
Go to the Website, The link is:
The DEADLINE for that 2020 scholarship application is MIDNIGHT April 14, 2020. There is no such thing as a "little bit" late.
4. Career Technical Education: (CTE) This is typically certification training that gets you working and making good money right away. Examples are EMT, Diesel Mechanic, Welder, Nursing, etc. You and all your friends and family should know that the Upper Keys Rotary Foundation now accepts applications for CTE funding at ANY TIME during the year. No deadlines. Same Website Portal: https://scholarships.
RETURNING STUDENTS NOTE:
The BIGGEST CHALLENGE we have with you is keeping track of your ever-evolving email AND mailing addresses. PLEASE email UKRotaryscholarship@gmail.com with changes to your email address and mailing address. Oh yes, include your NAME. (It happens more often than you can imagine!)
1. Get a copy of your transcripts / grade reports. Some schools only make them available for a limited period of time. Download, copy/paste, however and whenever. It's does NOT have to be an "official" copy.
2. Write the Rotary Scholarship Committee a letter. You have met these Rotarians. You know us. We ARE interested in you! Be personal and tell us HOW and WHAT you are doing now and what you PLAN to do. If you had a hard time for a semester or changed majors, or had rotten roommates who hurt your grades, TELL us! This is your only chance to communicate directly, so DO IT!
3. You also must complete the FAFSA and provide us with the EFC page. See the Website FAFSA.ED.GOV
ALL Applicants, first time and returning, must also submit a Financial Information Sheet. Click Here for the same sheet in .pdf format. Note that you application can not be complete without the completed and signed Financial Information Sheet. (The sheet is a part of the application form)
Note that the application for both new and returning applications requires completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (known as FAFSA). You get this form from the Website https://fafsa.ed.gov/ But, if you simply do a search for FAFSA you might be taken to Websites that ask for money to help you complete the form. FAFSA is free. Use the government Website! CLICK HERE
1. Go to the Rotary Website: https://scholarships.keysrotary.club/
2. Get your checklist and gather what you need to complete the application.
3. Goto https://faqfsa.ed.gov and have the person responsible for financial support complete the form
4. Write an essay (or a letter for returning students)
5. Get references and letters of recommendation (returning students GET TRANSCRIPTS)
6. Get others to read your essay / letter
7. Put it all together and submit it WELL BEFORE April 14 (No Deadline for CTE)
This short video makes viewers familiar with the application process for the Upper Keys Rotary scholarship awards in 2020. We help you go step by step through the process. Please note that the Application Deadline for students graduating from high school and for students currently in higher education is Midnight, April 14, 2020. The materials you will need to complete the application online are: -- A Personal Essay... tell us about yourself -- Letters of recommendation from 1, 2, or 3 local adults -- The Expected Family Contribution (EFC) page from your FAFSA report -- A Completed Rotary Financial Planning form (you can download the blank for from the application Website) The application Website is scholarships.keysrotary.club/